A2

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My fortune Cookie

On a well-attempted dinner date with J. my fortune cookie told me something close to, "There will big and happy changes in your future". Of course, I had the intentions of keeping this slim/cheap slip of paper and posting it somewhere to give me motivation on a dreary day. It got as far as being cleaned out of my purse, and I think it might have ended up in the trash bin- by accident of course.

However I have just received another fortune cookie, this one states " Even the longest of days will come to an end" Hmmm. It seems the Chinese gods are playing tricks with me.

So let me get this strait corporate china- I will have good changes but the days will be long and end eventually? Thanks. Sounds close to the old "If you work hard you will be rewarded". Thanks but I already knew this tid-bit of information. But I do appreciate you telling me that my lucky numbers are 28,13,19,56,10, and 23. Pretty sure that differs from the last cookie, but whatevs.

Those of you who are questioning my Chinese food intake, this has been a rare occasion of 2 meals in a week. So quit your judging.

The first cookie is the one I believe I will take to heart since it seems close to true. In a few short months my first nephew, Tyler David Kenney will be born. To say I am excited does not describe me accurately. Besides from the purchase of every "My aunt loves me" Onesey/bib/shirt (girls clothes not excluded). And the mention of him at every baby conversation I fit it into too, I am pretty normal. EEEKKK Ok I am not, I CANNOT wait to meet him!!

There are changes that will go unmentioned however, it is also my busy season at work. Working 60 + hours at work might be ok for those who see an hourly wage on their paycheck. But for those of us who went to college to end up in debt, "Salary" doesn't look so good when you are driving on the highway at 11:30pm.

I hope my next cookie tells me "You will be rich in a matter of days, eventually end up with a gorgeous happy family and life will be easy."

Im sure thats what it will say.....

1 comment: