A2

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A "trending" life

Life is full of in's and out's. If you really think about it everything in your life has its trendy-time . Whether its a current obsession, a clothing trend, friends, jobs, money. Everything has a shelf life, however its the things that matter that are restocked because of their value and worth.


Lets start with the first one, current obsession. I have had times when I am OBSESSED with Apple Juice for a few months and drink it like water and then I get sick of it and move on. I have times in my life where I eat healthy and want to be active all the time (yes this is few and far between), I have those weeks where there is nothing in the world that can keep me out of my bed and comfy clothes, and others that I am itching to get out of my own skin and DO SOMETHING.

The piece of fabric that I put on my body is half style half love. I will be the first one to admit either I can take it to far or I am wearing something that went out of style in 2002. Doesnt matter to me. However a clothing style has its "in's and out's" something in the 80's can come back in like the old fashion Ray Bans, or neon colors. Eventually it will be "lame" again and bell bottoms and large hippy flowers will be forced on us through Cosmo and Vogue magazines.

Friends, as harsh as it sounds, there are friends that have their shelf life, and some that dont. There are your friends that you meet in a class, at work, in your yoga class. They might know your day-to-day life for their 6 months of daily interaction, but they drop like flies when its over. Then there are the people in your life that come in and out as they please, or you please. For this blogs sake I will call them, "convenience" friends. The friend that calls with fake interest on a Friday night and just so happens to slip, " know of anything going on tonight", into the conversation. The convinance friend is also great for needing things and never giving things. Yes they might call you crying to handle their problems, however their busy life can never seem to handle your problems. Lastly are the best kind, the first bite of something delish friend. Forever friends, these are the ones that know you "in and out", the ones that call you on your issues and still accept you. The one that will drop their life to handle your "I cut my hair to short" sobbing phone calls. These are the friends that you work to stay in touch with and work to value, because without them, something is missing.

Jobs is easy. Something that your life revolves around and when you have received everything out of it you can, you move on. This is a one sided relationship. But im ok with that.

Money is also easy, sometimes you have it (in) and sometimes you dont (out). Spend it and its gone, work for it and its there.

No matter what its learning what things can be restocked to be used again, and the ones that can be thrown away and just hold memories. I for one am ok with staying away from Apple Juice for a while but would be lost without my forever friends and big sunglasses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment