A2

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An empty meal, An empty life.


Why is it that when you make yourself a salad for a meal at home...it feels like a snack. Mentally the mound of green romaine just doesn't look like a fully loaded salad you would order out. Therefor once you finish your "meal" you think that there is more to come. But there isn't. I just had a fabulous fresh green salad. As soon as I put the plate away I wanted to look for something else to eat. Is this just me not satisfied while there is still a small amount of room in my belly? Probably. Either way its a horrible way to think and I had to pull myself away from the kitchen and tell you about it.
On the up note I also would like to force my cravings of chocolate and all things bad on something else. The cliche of all cliches ...love. Some people might qualify as being an "emotional eater" however I believe I am the opposite. If there is happiness in my life...I don't feel the need to shove my face with whatever is in front of me. If there is sadness...I don't eat. However if my life is like it is now....boring and pointless, I fill the void with cooking or baking. Instead of completing a worthy task that makes me feel good about myself I cook...just to have a finished project. Desperate for resolution in my life, I think so. "Love" comes into play as being one of those things that is going nowhere in my life.
Not that I am screaming I hate being single or anything. I actually enjoy parts of it. However its another open ended part of day. Bringing me back to..."Well since I am going to bed alone tonight, might as well have a bowl of cereal?" Bad.
I do however have a buddy workout today and am actually looking forward to breaking a sweat! Sometimes I like to workout alone, as to avoid the embarrassment of someone else witnessing my slow/exhausted ass.
However if I make plans with someone to go on a hike or life weights, I know that...someone would notice my absence. Its all about motivation for me. If im lazy it wont happen, if I stare at a picture of Jessica Simpson in a bikini...well theres a better chance of activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment